The Princess celebrated her 5th Birthday bright and early with her classmates last Friday. The teachers had reminded us that we only have a 15 minutes slot (from 8.15am to 8.30am) for the celebration so we kept it a very simple affair. Dana picked a Lilo & Stitch cake, we packed some lovely goodie bags (with a storybook and some snacks in it) and off we went to school. The children were delighted to see Dana as she had been absent from school due to a bout of fever and cold. Marissa even gave Dana a big hug to welcome her back!
|Warm welcome from her classmates|
Every child looks forward to their birthdays and Dana was overjoyed that it was her turn to blow the candles on the cake that day. The kids gathered around her, sang a loud Happy Birthday Song and waited patiently as the cake was served. We were impressed at how orderly the children were!
|Happy to be surrounded by her friends again!|
|Making a wish…in full smiles!|
|All eyes on the cake…|
|Learning how to serve others on her Birthday…|
The children gobbled down their cake and were herded off for their Friday Chapel session while Daddy and I whisked Dana off for her second celebration of the day – a visit to the S.E.A Aquarium!
|A bunch of joyful 5 year olds!|
In the car ride, I asked Dana what can she do, now that she’s a big girl (at 5). She pondered for a while and replied with these 5 skills:
1. I can bathe and dress myself (yes, as she finds it fun to play with water!)
2. I can help to wash the dishes (we’ve started allowing her to do the dishes after dinner and she enjoys it as it’s a big-girl chore!)
3. I can wake up in the morning on my own (with the help of an alarm clock of course)
4. I can read more words (she’s becoming quite an avid reader, much to our delight)
5. I can swim quite well (without any floatation device now after taking formal swim lessons)
Darling, Mommy and Daddy are proud of your newly acquired abilities and we often find ourselves beaming with pride as we observe you. We pray as you turn 5, you’ll continue to grow happily, healthily in the joy of the Lord; that you’ll obey God, honour your parents and grow up to be a young lady of compassion and faith!
|A rare opportunity for us to visit ‘Dana’s world…|