Whenever we browse fashion magazines, it’s common to find this interesting feature on ‘What’s in my Bag‘ which offers a sneak peek into some famous celebrities’ bag. Adeline, The Accidental Mom Blogger has started this interesting linky and I am here to join in the fun.
This is the bag which I bring to work daily. It’s a brown Kate Spade Puff Stevie which I bought from USA 5 years ago. I like it that it’s roomy, hardy, casual and chic. The large zipper helps me to secure everything snugly. Its dark brown hue also matches almost any outfit I pick. I rarely am able to find a bag I like so much so when it’s time to retire this one, I dunno what I’m gonna do…
Inside, you can find:
1. My Pink Coach Wallet
a gift from the hubs when he went to Philadelphia on conference in March 2012 which is getting a tad bulky with the many credit cards I carry. That’s why I have been trying to say a firm ‘No’ to new cards being offered to me (such as ANZ Bank).
2. My Staff Pass (on a Lanyard)
which gives me access to enter my office especially on mornings when I start work early at 8am.
3. A Cupcake Motif Notebook
which was a souvenir from a colleague who went back to UK to visit her in-laws. I love it very much and have been using it to jot down my thoughts and to do list for the day.
4. I would usually have a book inside to keep me occupied during my commute to work. Currently I’m finishing ‘Shepherding a Child’s Heart’ by Tedd Tripp. Highly recommended for all parents.
5. My white portable Mili Mobile Phone Charger from www.iphonemili.com. My fully-charged iphone can hardly last me for half a day so whenever I am out for meetings or workshops, this is my life-saver.
6. A packet of Fisherman’s Friend (extra strong lozenges) to soothe the throat.
7. Small packet of Carlsons Baby Wipes. I like this brand as they are moist, unscented and relatively cheap. I try to stock up during the John Little sale.
8. Instant Hand Sanitizer from Dettol (kills 99.99% germs). This and the wipes are essential ‘must-have’ item for all Moms.
9. Pocket Tissues from Watsons or Giants (whatever is available).
Inside the small zipped compartment (hidden from view), I have:
10. A small nude-pink Lip Gloss from Shu Uemura (the only make up I carry everywhere, from my fav cosmetic brand).
11. A small tube of Mopiko (you never know when you’ll need it and it does provide instant relief when I sustain a mozzie bite, which I so often do).
12. 4 Pens (Gosh, didn’t realise I carry so many!)
13. A lone Dettol Waterproof Plaster (for that accidental papercut or emergency).
14. A small Scandisk Thumb Drive where I store some of the important work documents (such as the PowerPoint Presentation which I’ve to deliver tomorrow).
15. A custom-made magnetic NameTag which I’m required to wear for official work functions.
16. A tab of Danzen Tablets (my way of self-medicating to prevent my sore throat from getting worse).
17. My Ezylink Card and Home Access Door Card (which I cannot do without).
So here you go, my bag in a glance. Nothing too fancy but it does reflects who I am – a practical, fuss-free, busy working Mom. Essentially, I just want to complete my job well, as efficiently and as swiftly as I can, so I can come home to be with my family.
|My trusty working bag|