What is the series about: It’s a playful series about a six-year-old girl named Dottie McStuffins who, one day, wants to become a doctor like her mother. As a kid, she “pretends” to be a doctor by fixing up toys and dolls (because of this, everyone calls her ‘Doc’). When she puts on her stethoscope, something magical happens: toys, dolls and stuffed animals come to life and she can communicate with them.
With a little help from her stuffed animal friends, Doc helps toys “feel better” by giving them check-ups. Healing the toys may involve fixing stitches, replacing batteries or perhaps stopping a leak. It hopes to stress the importance of taking care of oneself and others by lending a helping hand. Each 11-minute episode includes original songs, the “Time for your Check-up” song and the “I Feel Better” song which are intended to help ease young kids’ fears of getting a check-up. During ending credits, Doc gives advice to viewers about staying healthy. Source: Wikipedia
Who are the Main Characters:
1. Doc McStuffins – a lovable 6 yr old girl
2. Donny – Doc’s younger brother
3. Lambie – Doc’s best friend; a stuffed lamb who loves to give others cuddles
4. Stuffy – an overly proud dragon
5. Hallie – a jolly hippo nurse
6. Chilly – a snowman who make frequent visits to the clinic
7. Squeakers – a squeaky fish toy
What can children learn from Doc McStuffins:
Doc McStuffins embodies the hallmarks of the classic and beloved Disney story-telling magic. Through colourful animation, catchy songs, interesting plots and lovable characters, children learn compassion, problem solving and doctor visit isn’t such a scary situation. Most importantly, the heart of each story is about basic hygiene and health issues appropriate for young kids. Children are taught how to take care of themselves and others (such as drinking enough water to prevent dehydration as seen in the preview episode).
When can we watch it:
Doc McStuffins premiers in Singapore/Malaysia on Disney Jr. Channel (Starhub Channel 311) on:
9 July 2012, Monday at 9:30am (with a repeat telecast at 1:15pm and 8pm).
Say Hello to the new Doc in town and win an exclusive Disney Jr. Lunchbox! There’s 50 Doc McStuffins Lunchboxes to be won.
Here’s how to win:
1. Tune in to Doc McStuffins on 9 July, Mon at 9:30am
2. Look out for the question after the episode ends at 10am
3. Log into the Disney Jr website
4. Click on ‘Join Now’ Button to log in with your details
5. Enter your details and click ‘Submit!’