Seriously good shoes need not always look serious.
Skechers in Scandinavia:
Last year, we were very pleased when our Skechers footwear served us incredibly well for our Summer Scandenavia trip. There despite the punishing pace of travel and the unpredictable terrain, Skechers surprised us with their durability and comfort.
Skechers in Singapore:
This year, we knew we could depend on our Skechers shoes again. In fact, we were keen to see how Skechers would fare for our weekly fitness regime which included preparing for our annual Safari Zoo Run as a family and our weekly couple Zumba sessions. What we chose:
For Buddy’s 2.5 year old feet, we chose the Boys S Lights Eruptors II – Lava Arc, shoes that are attractive for boys yet firm and comfortable to allow his feet to grow.
For Dana, She picked the GoFlex Walk– shoes that fit perfectly into her active lifestyle, as if it’s an extension of her limbs and comfortable enough for daily wear!
David chose the GoRun Forza – sports shoes with an arc that supports his flat feet. He said it feels surprisingly lightweight and comfortable.
For me, I chose the women’s GoTrail – a shoe comes in so many stylish colours but most importantly, it was super pillowy comfortable, giving me great support for my knees.
Here’s sharing our user experience with our new Skechers shoes:
- Buddy’s choice – Boys S Lights Eruptors II – Lava Arc : Lights and Action all into One!
For a growing toddler of 2 years old, a shoe with a firm build is essential as his feet is still growing. After wearing the shoes for two months, we found the Eruptors II to be an excellent footwear for our 2 year old. It is:
- Comfy and Durable: When it comes to footwear for young children, comfort has to rank first. The overall feel of the shoe is very sturdy and made of plush yet durable mesh outer layer. It looks rugged but yet feel so comfy.
- Attractive and Fun!: Young children sometimes dislike wearing shoes (as it’s a hassle) so they prefer sandals. But the attractive colours and lights of this pair make it a fun for Buddy to don these shoes. He absolutely loves it to the extent he refuses to take it off whenever we reach home!
- Swift and Secure: The Velcro straps make the shoes easy to wear and secure. Very handy when we need to remove his shoes speedily especially when changing diapers or entering indoor playgrounds etc.
- Firm and Comfortable interior: The inside of Boys S Lights Eruptors II is so plush and comfy I could imagine Buddy walking ‘on air’ when wearing these shoes. The Lava Arc provides a slight arc once it is moulded to his sole and this gives that added support that is important for young children’s growing feet.
During the Safari Run, Buddy took to the tarmac with ease and hit the ground running, all thanks to the comfy yet firm Skechers shoes!
2. Dana’s Choice: Skechers GoFlex Walk: Like Part of her Feet!
What started out as a running shoe has not become my daughter’s favourite pair of daily shoe! In fact if it’s not for the school’s regulation, she would gladly wear the GoFlex Walk to school too!
Here’s what she likes about the GoFlex Walk:
- Attractive yet Rugged: Dana chose this colour herself. In fact it was quite a tough pick as they all looked so attractive but she finally settled for this slightly bluish colour as it may fit her casual denim outfits better.
- ‘Lego’ Soles: The flex grooves at the bottom of the soles make it look like ‘Lego’ blocks which opens and closes as she moves, kind of like interactive building blocks, giving cushion with every step.
- So Flexible: Kids her age are very active and keeping her feet still can be such a challenge! She loves how the flexibility of the shoe doesn’t deter or restrict her movement.
- Safe: A shoe that is a flexible as one’s feet means that it can be as nimble and responsive as any movement you choose to make hence making it safe by lessening the risk of trips and falls.
- Goga Mat Material: The insides of the GoFlex Walk is, according to Dana, “Super-Duper” comfortable! Able to give her the support and flexibility yet has enough cushion to make her feel like “pillow” soft according to her.
- Flexible, Firm Support: the Flex Cradle feature inside the shoe makes the entire shoe hold on firmly (like a cradle) even when her feet flexes around actively.
In short, it’s difficult for her to venture out these days without her wanting to wear the Skechers GoFlex Walk. Now it seems like her outfit has to fit the shoe, rather than the other way around!
3. David’s Choice: GoRun Forza – Light yet Sturdy for the Flat-footed
David has serious bad flat feet (i.e. there’s virtually no arc under his feet and it’s prone to over pronate (roll inwards) if there’s insufficient support given by the shoe). So it was the challenge we threw to the Skechers staff who recommended him the GoRun Forza without any hesitation.
After wearing the shoes for the Safari Zoo Run as well as our weekly Zumba sessions, David was totally won over by the GoRun Forza. Here’s why:
- ‘There Yet Not There’: The arch support is firm but subtle. He can feel the arc support but the insole cushions the arc so well that he can’t really feel it at all. Many shoes for flat-footers make the arch so pronounced you can literally feel a piece of hard material supporting your feet. Not so with this pair. In fact, Skecher’s trademark Resalyte Medial Posting actually helps to slow down the rate of over pronation of the foot. Impressive!
- Fun yet Firm: The trendy designs of the shoe makes it look so contemporary (makes him feel youthful again!) . Beneath the façade is a shoe that is constructed so well it’s provide firm and strong foundation overall to his feet.
- Comfy, Comfy, Comfy: The general interior of the shoe is so comfortable, he feels as if a pillow is strapped to his feet!
- Light weight and Flexible: The lightweight shoe and flexible sole feels as if it has added wings to David’s feet, allowing him to be more nimble in his footwork during the Zumba classes.
4. Angie’s Women’s GoTrail – Fashionable, Funky and Functional
I underwent a minor knee surgery last year so the shoe I was looking for to meet my fitness goals has to be a pair that has firm, stable support but yet not too gaudy looking. Quite a tall order? No, I found them right at Skechers, and a matchy-matchy design with the hubby no less!
Here’s why I absolutely love my Women’s GoTrail:
- Funky and Trendy: The funky colour combination of makes the shoe so contemporary and attractive that I wish I could bring them all home! Seriously good shoes need not look too serious
- Plush Cushioning: My worries about my knees when running , walking or dancing Zumba was unfounded with this shoe – the plush cushioning kept the strain from exercising minimal for my knees.
- All Terrain: The comfort of the shoe plus the weather-resistant upper layer of the shoe makes it a great walking shoe that one wears for long walks without getting tired and without getting deterred by weather. I wish I could wear this to office!
Never Just Shoes!
Skechers is not just about shoes, it’s become a lifestyle for us. We love the personalized and patient service we received at the Ngee Ann City branch whenever we visit.
We all know it’s not easy to buy shoes for kids – their feet sizes seem to change every few months! However, the 2 staff at the branch who served us were so patient and pro-active with the kids and offered us advice on choice of colour and shoe models that meet our individual needs. After the kids, it was our turn – Daddy had his flat feet and I have my bad knee (We are getting old!!). We felt bad seeing them dash in and out of the store room getting different shoes for us to try but they did it with such enthusiasm and sincerity. These 2 ladies were exemplary in their service.
So if your family is so fussy about shoes, visit Skechers if you want seriously good service for seriously good shoes!