Dana’s fond memories of the recently concluded CNY are made of these:
1. Catching a flight back to Malaysia on New Year’s Eve to reunite with her ‘Penang Mama’ (paternal grandma) and her cousins in KL, all of whom she missed dearly.
|A Kodak moment at Changi Airport before our flight|
|Every homecoming is always a long awaited affair, especially for Daddy!|
2. Reuniting with little cousin Stephanie and enjoying plenty of laughter and playtime together, at home and in Ah Chek’s (Daddy’s younger brother’s) car.
|Stef is a year younger than Dana but they clicked like long lost twins!|
3. Singing and rehearsing the ribbon + flag dance under Mama’s tutelage!
|Stef used the ribbons and Dana was assigned the flags which were personally sewn by Mama!|
|The girls had an excellent coach!|
4. Playing with sparklers and hearing live fire crackers being set off randomly in the night…
|Trying to form letters with her sparklers…|
5. Visiting KL’s Farm in the City on First Day of CNY and having a whale of a time there!
|She loves the company of the KL cousins!|
|No. 1 favourite activity at farms and zoos – pony rides!|
6. Fun Art & Craft sessions with Mama on a quiet afternoon…
|The finished product: an A-4 sized hand-painted Canvas Bag.|
6. Taking Family Portraits on CNY before we head out for visitations – an annual tradition started by Daddy.
|Our family, Ah Chek’s family and Penang Mama. Missing Auntie Linda’s family who are in Adelaide.|
|The cousins in matching Korean garb, ready to collect Ang Baos…|
7. The chance to walk on the tarmac and up the steps to board the plane back to Singapore…
|Bye Bye KL, see you soon!|
|We wish everyone an abundant and healthy year ahead!|
Leave a Reply