5 Reason Why Honestbee’s Laundry Service is Superior
We just returned from a magical winter vacation and have a pile of winter wear that needs to be sent for cleaning. For working parents, like us, time to bond with the kids is scare, time for housework even scarcer. Each time we return from a family vacation, David and I hit the ground running. We return to work the next working day (to conserve our limited annual leave) so the last thing I need to remind me that I am back to reality is to see a mountain-load of soiled laundry, staring right at me, in our home. I know I had to send our winter wear for laundry but I procrastinate.
Apart from vacations, festive season is another. The spring-cleaning of bed-sheets, pillowcases, cushion covers, table runners, curtains etc…pile up alongside our daily laundry. The recent unpredictable monsoon weather coupled with the temptation to head out for festive shopping makes it so hard to set aside time to clear the growing pile of laundry.
So after procrastinating for a week, I finally checked the laundry off my ‘To-Do’ list. I tried Honestbee laundry service for the 1st time and became an instant convert. Honestbee laundry service is really far different…and superior. Here are reasons why:
1. Suits OUR Time: One evening on my way back from work on the bus, I used the Honestbee App on my mobile phone to browse the full list of available pick-up and delivery schedule. Honestbee laundry service runs from 1pm till 10pm at night, everyday (except Public Holiday), which is perfect for busy working Mom, like me. The price list of each laundry service is also clearly listed per item, making it easy for me to make a decision what type of laundry service(s) I need. In fact, what’s really impressive is that Honestbee laundry is able to pick up our laundry on demand within 45mins of our booking and delivered back in just 2 days!
- Islandwide pick-up & delivery
- Same-day pick-up, delivered back in 2 days (eg: pick-up on Monday, delivered back on Wednesday)
2. Saves OUR Effort: With the app, I don’t have to be kept on the phone-line waiting for someone to respond to my request. Worse is if I have to do this at work discretely! Gone are also the days where I have to specially cajole the hubby to drive our heavy holiday laundry (i.e. winter jackets) or festive items (such as curtains) to a laundromat in a shopping mall and make a second trip back when it’s ready for collection.
This time, all I did was to turn on the app, scroll to the Honestbee laundry section, book the timing which fits my schedule best, key in the discount code (yes! seasoned online shoppers always check for discount codes before check-out!), enter my home address and voila…everything’s booked! In fact, I received a confirmation email from Honestbee laundry almost instantaneously. Love how technology really makes it easier for Moms to multitask and focus on the bigger picture.
The Honestbee App – On-demand laundry at our fingertips!
3. Saves Us Money: I compared the pricing of Honestbee laundry against conventional laundromats and other existing laundry delivery services which we’ve used before, and was surprised to find Honestbee laundry’s fees priced very affordably. Take for example: with CNY coming, you can have your bedsheet professionally laundered and pressed for only S$4.90!!! The same goes for quilt cover and mattress protector at only S$9.90 each. You can also dry clean your 3 seater Sofa Cover for only S$19.90!
I like that the full price-list is clearly stated on the app so there are no hidden or surprise costs which I need to bear when my laundry is collected. Even for our thick winter jackets, I was able to send them in for dry cleaning at only S$19.90 a piece compared to the usual S$25~$30 I paid at our neighbourhood laundromat. I did a quick mental calculation and secretly beamed when I realised I saved more than SGD30 sending my winter wear to Honestbee laundry this time.
To get more cost-savings, remember to apply one of the valid promo codes which you can obtain from the app itself! Currently, there is “15WASH” for new customers to S$15 off with min spend of S$25, expiring 31 March 2018.
4. Professional and Friendly Service: The Honestbee staff who came to collect our laundry, Mr. Said, was very friendly and professional. Even though it was rather late at night, he greeted us cheerfully. We’ve used other laundry services where the person who collects the laundry is just a courier and have no clue about our laundry instructions. Worse, many of them were apathetic and have zero pride about the company. Not so with Honestbee laundry. Mr. Said loaded our winter jackets into different bags, separating them according to types of laundry service (dry clean vs normal wash) and then assured us that it would be sent back in 2 days’ time, which he did….with his trademark warm friendly smile, yes even at 10pm.
5. Handled with Utmost Care: The Honestbee laundry app provides an option for customers to key in any special handling instructions we have for our laundry. Also, if our apparel exceeds SGD250, customers can declare it on the app so the team can take even greater care. We sent our thicker winter jackets, which protected us through heavy snowfall during our week-long Hokkaido ski holiday, for normal Dry Clean and the lighter outer coats for normal Wash & Iron. Mr. Said packed our laundry into two different coloured laundry bags – one each for different modes of cleaning. These bags were then labeled and sealed. This ensures that our laundry would not be mixed up with others. When our laundry was returned, not only do they look clean, they smell so fresh and new. I simply love the scent of freshly laundered clothes!
Embellishments of our garments such as faux fur, leather zips, metal buttons etc. were all treated with care and returned looking mint just like the garment itself! In fact, we were told that Honestbee laundry goes one step further to assure its customers: whilst other laundry services may compensate 10x for any damage, Honestbee laundry compensates up to 15x of the amount paid by customers. For Premium Dry Cleaning, they also insure up to S$1,000 per item (capped at $5,000 per order).
The convenience, efficiency and professional service we received from Honestbee laundry have made the transition back to work (after the whirlwind family vacation and frenzied holiday season) such a breeze. Looks like for all our upcoming holidays and festive seasons’ laundry needs, we can safely leave them all in the expert hands of Honestbee laundry!
Download the Honestbee App here.
Disclaimer: This post is a collaboration with Honestbee. All opinions, photos and reviews are as always, authentically ours. We would never endorse any product or service which our family personally do not believe in.