For the modern, active Moms who are always on the go…and those who prefer the freedom to venture around without a stroller, this diaper bag is for you. Be it a relaxing walk, a quick dash to the supermarket or commuting on public transport with your baby (or toddler) in tow, you will love the whole new world of convenience and comfort this Lassig Backpack Diaper Bag offers.
With this Lassig Backpack Diaper Bag, I was amazed I can practically store everything that I need for baby AJ’s needs when we were out and about. I put in 6 pcs of ‘M’ sized Huggies Comfort Diapers, 3 Avent 125ml milk bottles, 1 milk canister, 2 sets of extra change of clothes, 1 large tube of diaper cream, 1 large pack of Pigeon Baby Wipes, a tall thermal flask of hot water, Dana’s water-bottle, my own water-bottle, my wallet and some snacks with room to spare! The bag is designed with busy Moms in mind. The front zipper pocket features spots for pens, pencils, mobile phones, sunglasses and anything else that parents need easily accessible. The second, zipper pocket features a couple of elastic compartments, ideal for creams, baby food jars and acts as a divider between the large main pocket. Open the main pocket and another set of pockets and nooks for organizing baby gear awaits, with two main compartments that zips open wide for easy storage, allowing all the items to be neatly organised.
This Lassig Backpack Diaper Bag comes with wide adjustable shoulder straps padded for comfort, making the bag extremely comfy to carry. When I had to bring AJ to the pediatrician on my own last Monday, I was able to carry the diaper bag on my back while babywearing AJ in the Ergo (on the front) simultaneously at the same time!
Some features which I like about the bag:
1. Wipeable, foldable changing mat, which is something I always look for in a diaper bag as I am particular about changing the baby’s diaper anywhere as hygienically as we would at home.
2. Removable insulated bottle holder that helps keep milk and baby food warm while preventing spillage to other items in the main compartment.
3. The multimix black design is stylish, sporty (and manly) enough for Daddies to carry.
4. There is a practical carry handle on the upper side of it, for carrying the bag by hand.
5. The small accessory bags attached can be used to store small items such as pacifiers, keys, mobile-phone, lip-gloss, sunglasses etc.
6. The waterproof zipper pocket is a god-send for storing damp or soiled bibs, hankies, baby clothes or feeding spoons hygienically.
7. Sturdy stroller hooks for those times when you want to hang the diaper bag on the stroller (something I didn’t use because there’s no need to! It’s so comfortable on my back).
8. A large, hidden zipper pocket located on the bag’s underside for added space, as well as elastic side pouch, ideal for a water bottle.
9. Lightweight (only 940grams) and made of durable, water-resistant PVC-free, eco-friendly material.
10. Versatile enough to be also used for all prams and buggies.
The verdict? The Lassig Backpack Diaper Bag has won me over with its functionality and thoughtful details bundled into a hardy backpack built for daily use. I like it so much that I have decided to bring it along as our hand carry bag on board AJ’s first flight this month!
The Lassig Casual Backpack Diaper Bag retails at SGD269 at selected Mothercare outlets.
Thanks to our sponsor, we have a Lassig Backpack Diaper Bag (worth SGD269) to be given away to 1 loyal reader! To participate in the giveaway, simply follow the steps below:
This Lassig giveaway ends on 21 November 2014, 11.59pm and is open to readers based in Singapore with young children below 7 only. The winner will be contacted using the contact particulars provided when entering this draw and will have 48 hours to respond, failing which a new winner will be drawn. All incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries will be verified before the winners are announced. To be fair to our sponsors, please note that all fake Facebook accounts (e.g. accounts set up purely to take part in contests with no or very few real friends) will be disqualified. All the best!