Jewel Changi Airport has more than shopping, dining and waiting around to catch the awesome HSBC Rain Vortex light show in the evening. Here are two attractions which are so entertaining you can spend a whole day there!
- CANOPY PARK (Estimated time spent 3 to 4 hours – for all the attractions, at least!)
Situated right on top of Jewel, this 14,000 square metre Canopy Park offers a diverse range of family-friendly activities. Comprising of 9 different activities, families can choose to either experience them selectively (ala-carte) or as a bundled package.
Review: We were very surprised by how much fun Canopy Park is! From mazes to bouncing nets, it’s all fun. Take a stroll along beautiful garden trails, glide down giant slides or hide in bowls of gentle mist. Spend hours at play, then take a break at one of many charming diners.
OPENING HOURS OF CANOPY PARK
Sun – Thurs: 10:00AM – 12:00AM | Fri, Sat & Eve of PH 10:00AM – 1:00AM
ADMISSION RATES OF CANOPY PARK
Standard Rate – Adult/Child/Senior – SGD 5
Singapore Residents* – Adult/Child/Senior – SGD 4.50
Changi Rewards Members [Available on Jewel App and at Jewel Concierge Counters (L1, 2, 5)] – Adult/Child/Senior – SGD 3
Admission to Canopy Park includes:
2. Foggy Bowls
3. Petal Garden
4. Topiary Walk
Separate Admission Charges apply to these attractions at Canopy Park:
2. Hedge Maze
3. Mirror Maze
- If you are planning to bring kids to experience the Discovery Slides and Manulife Sky Nets, please check that they meet the minimum height requirements to avoid disappointment. For Discovery Slides and both Sky Nets, the minimum height requirement is 110cm and children below the height of 140cm must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wear covered shoes (requirement) or loan free from the park itself. Come in sports gear, with pants or shorts. The Sky Nets are suspended high above the malls below. Public can look up and see everything.
- Leave jewelry and other belongings, including selfie sticks, cameras and mobile phones in the free lockers provided. These may come loose or worse, cut yourself while trying to balance on Sky Nets.
- Some of the Canopy Park attractions are TIME-STAMPED and SINGLE-ENTRY only (i.e. meaning you have to pre-select the time slot upon booking and you can only play that specific attraction once). Do check with the staff before entry.
- We highly recommend the Canopy Bridge, it offers a unique angle for selfies and family we-fies like no other areas in Jewel. Suspended 23 metres above ground, with a glass bottom at the centre portion and fog emitted at both ends, you will get to experience what it feels like to walk among the clouds in a lush tropical oasis.
- Stay for the evening HSBC Rain Vortex – tarry a little into the evening and catch the HSBC Rain Vortex from the Canopy Park itself at Level 5.
- Combine a visit to the Canopy Park with Changi Experience Studio, and catch a movie at the Shaw Dreamers Theatre (inside Jewel Changi Airport) and you have a fulfilling, fun day out, all under one roof!
For pricing and more information, go to: https://www.jewelchangiairport.com/en/attractions/canopy-park.html
- Visit our friend’s blog for more retails of Canopy Park: Little Blue Bottle
CHANGI EXPERIENCE STUDIO (Estimated time spent: 90 minutes at least.)
Don’t be fooled! This space at Level 4 looked deceptively simple from the entrance but once we entered, we were completely blown-away by how immersive and interactive the experience was!
Changi Experience Studio comprises of 20 different activities that are educational and engaging. Go on a journey of fun and discovery through the exciting virtual world of Changi Airport! Engage in the wonder of amazing projection experiences and enjoy interactive games and immersive shows. In this first-of-its-kind digital attraction, experience the magic of technology and learn about aviation and what makes the airport tick.
Visitors are all given an RFID-embedded card as they journey through the experience. Imagine butterflies and video narration jumping up at you as you open the RFID cards and interacting at each multimedia station. Imagine ‘racing’ with a jumbo jet, challenging each other to stack airport trolleys as well as seeing who has the brightest and biggest smiles.
Changi Experience Studio lets visitors learn about the history and heritage behind our world-class airport as well as the intricacies of how the world-class service is sustained through a friendly and efficient work force.
We absolutely love this place, particularly its innovative use of IT to educate and engage visitors. Make sure you set aside time to experience the Garden of Harmony where the entire family can participate in ‘making music’ together amidst the digital flora and fauna. It’s really quite a novel experience!
OPENING HOURS OF CHANGI EXPERIENCE STUDIO
10:00AM – 10:00PM Daily
ADMISSION RATES OF CHANGI EXPERIENCE STUDIO
Standard Rate – Adult – SGD 25 | Child/Senior – SGD 17
Singapore Residents* – Adult – SGD 19 | Child/Senior – SGD 13
Changi Rewards Members [Available on Jewel App and at Jewel Concierge Counters (L1, 2, 5)] – Adult – SGD 18 | Child/Senior – SGD 12
- You need at least 60, if not 90 minutes to fully maximize your visit and it’s worth every minute! Don’t miss your flight while being fully immersed here.
- This place is perfect for kids from primary school-going kids and adults to learn and appreciate the history and heritage of Changi Airport.
- Make sure you have experienced all the other attractions before entering the ‘Finale’ – a final theatrical showpiece about Changi Airport. Once the show ends, all visitors will exit the studio and there’s no re-entry.
- Hop over to our friends’ blogs to read their reviews of Changi Experience Studio: A Happy Mum, Sengkang Babies, A Juggling Mom and Cheekie Monkies.
Thanks to our sponsor, we are giving away 1 Family Pack of 4 Tickets to Canopy Park at Jewel Changi Airport (worth nearly SGD130) to 1 loyal reader! The winner will receive 4 tickets to Canopy Park (incl. Topiary Walk, Discovery Slides, Foggy Bowls, Petal Gardens) + Manulife Sky Nets – Walking + Hedge Maze + Mirror Maze.
To participate in the giveaway, simply:
2. COMPLETE the steps in this Rafflecopter Giveaway (Click to open the hyperlinked widget. It is mandatory to fulfill the conditions).
The giveaway ends 04 August 2019 and is open to readers in Singapore. All steps must be completed and incomplete entries will be disqualified. Please note that all Facebook accounts (e.g. accounts set up purely to take part in contests with no authentic posts or very few real friends) will be disqualified. All the best!