We were rather desperate. After our move to our new home, our 3 yr old son, Buddy has had recurrent wheezing and coughing episodes which seem to start whenever he enters his bedroom. He could be fine and fit in the living room but the moment he steps onto his bed, the coughing fit would start. We were very concerned to find out the triggers as we were worried he might develop into full-blown respiratory tract infection if this persists.
‘Seeing’ Dirty Air
If you know that the air in your child’s rooms is dirty, would you still put your child in the room?
All of us parents would probably answer with a resounding ‘No!’ but the truth is that most of us do not know the air quality in the room or in our home for that matter. Now imagine if you’re able to ‘see’ dirty air in your child’s room, then clean the air, how incredible is that? In fact, a new breakthrough in technology has now made it possible for parents to ‘remotely’ clean the air before coming home so that clean and pure air awaits the family’s return.
When Indoor is worse than Outdoors
In a humid and dense urban environment like Singapore’s, our indoor air can be of worse quality than that of the outdoors. While outdoor air can be blown away, air indoors are trapped, re-circulated and breathed-in by our family members. Research has shown that indoor air has been found to be 5 times more polluted than outdoor air!
Indoor air quality can worsen as a result of allergens or pollutants coming from sources like:
- Pet Dander
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) gases released from cooking, use of perfumes, aerosol spray or indoor smoke etc.
- Friends or Family Members who smoke or are ill.
- Our Environment (e.g. pollutants from traffic, road works etc).
Fine Outdoors, Sick Indoors
It is no wonder that with their minuscule nasal passages, kids are usually very badly affected by indoor allergens. Take Buddy for example, due to his sensitive airway, his nose reacts badly to the allergens indoors. This would often lead to a full-blown respiratory tract infection which, if not treated promptly, can develop into pneumonia or worse, trigger serious asthmatic attacks, both of which can be potentially fatal for young children his age.
Relief and help from the above now come in the form of Dyson Pure Cool Link™ purifier fan which empowers parents to do the following:
- Remotely determine the quality of your room’s air quality
- Remotely activate the air purifier to clean the room’s air
- Ensures that the room’s air is clean before you return
- Automatically cleans your home’s air whenever it assesses that the air quality is poor
- Provides a graphical trend to analyses and detect sources or causes of air pollutants in your home for better prevention
- Projects clean air at the people that truly needs it
Dyson is a household name in providing innovative home products which improve our quality of living. Based on their revolutionary Air Multiplier technology and coupled with their 360 Glass HEPA borosilicate microfibre filter, Dyson’s classic blade-less ‘fan’ has now become an indispensable smart air purifier in our home. The Dyson Pure Cool Link™ purifier fan comes with these innovative features:
– 360 HEPA grade glass filter that is able to clean the air by filtering up to 99.95% of pollutants including VOC gases induced from sources such as cooking, perfume usage and etc. either from your own home or from your neighbours’
– Inbuilt VOC and particle sensors monitor airflow, checking for particulates and even gases to assess the quality of air in your home.
– Dyson Link App which empowers parents to see the air quality in their home and operate the Pure Cool Link to clean the air. Multiple sensors detect changes in conditions, before automatically adjusting airflow to maintain your target air quality.
– Automatic Night Time Mode will continue to monitor and respond to air quality while you’re asleep, but only using the quietest settings.The LED display dims, so you won’t be disturbed.
Our User Experience:
The Dyson Pure Cool Link™ purifier fan is easy to use and set up. With no blades, the entire unit just ‘stacks ‘on top of each other and voila, the purifier is fixed.
After downloading the app, connecting the air purifier to Wi-Fi, is a breeze. Once you turn its own, you start assessing the quality of the air almost straight away! The ‘trend’ analysis that ran across one the week also showed us at which time air was the most ‘dirtiest’ which we were very surprised to find out that it was probably due to the maid’s cooking followed by our coming home. Almost immediately we put the purifier to work and it was not surprising that the app indicated the air in Buddy’s room to be ‘Fair ‘and then went to work to cleanse the air. After about 15 minutes, the visual on the app turned to ‘Green’- Good. It was then that we put Buddy into his room for his bedtime. It worked, no coughing that night!
In fact, by detecting that during the same time each day the quality of air would worsen, we analysed that it would probably be the helper’s cooking – releasing a whole lot of VOCs! With that we told her to close the room doors and open all windows in order for the air to flow out.
Before we return from work each day, we would turn on the Dyson Pure Cool Link™ purifier fan to cleanse the air to ensure it was ‘Green ‘before we put Buddy into his room. We were impressed! In fact, it has become more like a family ‘ritual’ these days to check for the quality of the air before we enter our rooms! It has changed our lives in more ways than one. The Dyson Pure Cool Link™ purifier fan is truly a gem of a device. It may function largely like a fan but beyond that, it gives cool clean air and empowers parents to manage the air quality at home. In short, it is improves our daily lives!
Check out Dyson Pure Cool Link™ purifier fan from the website or visit your nearest Dyson retailers:
- Best Denki
- Gain City
- Harvey Norman
- Mega Discount Store