How does a typical workday look like for you? If you are a full time working parent with young children like us, your day probably starts, even before the previous one ended!
Indeed, our days are filled with endless chores, duties, responsibilities.That’s not even taking into account time out with the family for meals, errands and children’s activities. How about when the odd contingencies arise? A visit to the A&E department at the hospital? A drive to visit a friend in need? Bringing our young children or aged parents for medical check-ups?
The reason we got a car is to help us save time and gain convenience, especially after the kids came along. We used the car often to bring Angie’s late Grandma (who was wheelchair-bound) to explore various parts of Singapore on weekends.
But having a car alone isn’t sufficient to help us busy parents accomplish all these. The fuel our car uses is just as essential as the car it powers. If fuel usage were inefficient, it would mean making more impromptu trips to the petrol station for refueling. With inefficient fuel usage, cost will increase and this will eat into the family’s disposable income. In fact, a regional survey that Shell conducted shows that 3 in 4 drivers believe that their lives would be positively impacted if they know how to use less fuel. Worse, if the fuel we use is inferior, it may even lead to damage to the engine incurring greater costs, time loss and inconvenience.
The research and technology put into Shell FuelSave petrol is designed to help busy parents like us reduce fuel consumption and lower the cost of motoring. In a nutshell, Shell FuelSave is designed to help us accomplish more with less. Over decades, Shell scientists have put Shell FuelSave fuels through a robust series of tests conducted at respected independent test facilities using standard industry-recognised fuel economy measurement procedures to ensure that it is a more efficient fuel at NO EXTRA COST.
Designed to last longer, a full tank of Shell FuelSave gives us the freedom and flexibility to maximise our time and resources. Not only that, with cleaner valves and far lesser deposit formation, my car engine, like my parents’ car (yes, I’m a 3rd generation Shell fuel user), can last longer. I can bring our family further with lesser breakdowns and time wastage. With more efficient drives and lower fuel consumption, I get more done and am able to free up more pockets of time to re-connect with the people I love most.
Shell FuelSave enables me to do more with less for my family!
Here’s how you can Live Life Full-On with Shell FuelSave!
1. Practice GOOD FUEL SAVING TIPS. Here are some of our personal favourite fuel saving tips:
2. Get a SHELL FUELSAVE FUEL EFFICIENCY LOG CARD* at any Shell Petrol Station and start monitoring how fuel efficient you are.
3. Catch the SHELL LIVE LIFE FULL-ON CHALLENGE WEBISODES with Class95 DJs – Justin Ang and Vernon A, otherwise more endearingly known as ‘The Muttons’.
‘The Muttons’ will start out with a full tank of Shell FuelSave, and then drive to some of Singapore’s prominent landmarks to complete some missions. The catch? After all that ‘fun’, they need to cross the Tuas Checkpoint with no less than a three-quarter tank of remaining fuel – or risk getting fined! This challenge is filmed and turned into a webisode series, filled with thrills, spills, and hilarious banter, as ‘The Muttons’ try to get the most from their day with Shell FuelSave petrol!
Stay tuned to ‘The Muttons’ Shell Live Life Full-On Challenge which started on August 11, 2016 here: https://www.facebook.com/muttonsinthemorning/. If you can answer questions at the end of webisode 3, you might just walk away with S$1,000 in Shell FuelSave vouchers!
* How to Use the Shell FuelSave Fuel Efficiency Log Card:
1. Record your current mileage on a full tank.
2. On the Log Card, record the amount of petrol on a brand new row and record your distance travelled after a trip.
3. Dividing your distance (in km) travelled by the amount of petrol (in litres) will produce your efficiency value.
4. Watch your fuel efficiency (km/l) increase as the days go by! Be mindful of adhering to the Shell FuelSave fuel-saving tips on the Log Card. They have been developed to minimize fuel usage.
Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by Shell, of which I am a 3rd generation Shell petrol user.