Mommies and Daddies, mark your calendar for KidsFest, as ABA Productions presents the most anticipated theatrical festival for children once again next year! In its fifth season, the curtains at School of the Arts (SOTA) will rise to captivate young theatre and literary buffs. For 3 weeks from 20 January 20 to 14 February 2016, KidsFest returns with 6 international theatre productions, adapted from well-loved children’s books.
New Productions To Look Forward To
1. The Snow Child – A touching story of a lonely couple who built a small figure from snow, and wish very, very hard until the strength of their longing brings a magical snow child to life before their eyes!
2. Little Red Riding Hood – Embark on a heartfelt journey to discover the power of love, hope and bravery at the joyous new version of the classic fairy tale.
3. I Believe in Unicorns – Travel to an imagined world where mystical unicorns exist in the most unlikely of places – an enchanting library with books that hold more than stories within their pages.
4. Aliens Love Underpants – Journey into space and find out why aliens have such an unexplainable fancy for the unmentionables. With the plot revolving around the knickers, it is sure to have everyone snickering.
Back By Popular Demand
1. The Gruffalo – The classic mainstay at every KidsFest since 2013, The Gruffalo is the perfect show for parents bringing their children to the theatre for the first time. With music, songs and dance to bring Julia Donaldson’s award-winning story to life, there is monstrous fun to be had!
2. Room on the Broom – Join a witch and her cat as they fly happily along on their broomstick – until a stormy wind blows the witch’s hat, bow and wand away into the night! With the help of a daft dog, a beautiful bird and a friendly frog, her belongings are retrieved. But this broomstick’s not meant for five and – CRACK! – it snaps in two. When a hungry dragon appears, who will save the poor witch? And will there ever be room on the broom for everyone?
Tickets, priced from SGD42 and up are on sale now at the official SISTIC Website or call the Sistic Hotline at 6348 5555. Quote “KFSG16” when booking to save 10%! For more information, check out KidsFest Website and the official KidsFest Singapore Facebook Page.
A Surprise Visit!
Room on the Broom is a story we are very familiar with. We listened to the audio story in our car rides. Yesterday, while Daddy and Mommy were at work, the friendly and kind witch from The Room on the Broom flew by to pay Dana a visit with a bucketful of treats! They chatted about which animal should the witch bring on the broom – the cat, or maybe the dog…oh wait, what about the hungry dragon? The surprise visit got us all so excited about Kids Fest 2016!You too, can catch the Witch and her furry friends in the stage adaptation of Room on the Broom by well-loved children’s author, Julia Donaldson. LIVE ON STAGE in January at KIDSFEST 2016! Visit Sistic Website or call 6348 5555 to purchase your tickets early.
Fun Activities with Room on the Broom
Since we love the story so much, I’ve rounded up some FREE excellent resources from the web which we can use to engage our children this year end school holidays.
Click on hyperlinks to download
- Stick Puppets
- Finger Puppets
- Sensory Bin
- Cat Maze
- Wand Maze
- Spot the Difference
- Word Search
- Word Unscramble
- Pairs Game
- Colouring Page
- Scholastic Read & Response Pack
We’ll leave you with this Oscar-nominated Audio-Visual Narration of Room on the Broom for now. See you at Kids Fest 2016!
Leave a Reply