We are 2 sleeps away to our vacation to the Big Apple. This will be the furthest trip we’ve made as a family. We’ve limited our travels to the region for the past few years just to save up for this so you can imagine our anticipation. The prep work began months back, right after our air tickets were booked. We loaned books from the National Library to introduce Dana to this amazing city. For titles which are not available from NLB, I purchased them from Amazon (enjoying the free international shipping for orders over USD125). I hope this book list will be useful for families planning to visit NYC in the near future.
12. City Walks with Kids: New York: 50 Adventures on Foot. Written by Elissa Stein; illustrated by Dave Needham.
13. The Mystery in New York City (8 years old and up) by Carole Marsh.
15. The House on East 88th Street by Bernard Waber.
16. Exploring the American Museum of Natural History (2 to 6 years old). By Patricia J. Wynne.
17. A Walk in New York (4 to 8 years old) by Salvatore Rubbino.
18. States Shapes: New York ( 6 to 10 years old) by Erik Bruun and Rick Peterson.
19. New York City History for Kids: From New Amsterdam to the Big Apple with 21 Activities by Richard Panchyk.
20. I Lego N.Y. Board Book by Christoph Niemann.
If you’ve visited NYC and have great recommendations for us, do leave us a comment! Happy Holidays to all.