Navy@Vivo is coming round the corner once again. Having attended past Navy@Vivo events, we know this is one event our family will not miss. The dedication, commitment and discipline of the fine men and women from the Singapore Navy won our admiration and made us feel so proud and safe to live in Singapore. Read our experiences at Navy@Vivo2014 here.
At this year’s Navy@Vivo event, the formidable-class frigate, RSS Tenacious, will be docked at Vivocity Promenade and we are giving away a pair of tickets to two lucky readers to invite you to join us on 26 June, Sunday, at 3pm for a ship tour on board the RSS Tenacious and see the S-70B naval helicopter up close.
Date: Thursday June 23, 2016 to Sunday June 26, 2016
Venue: Vivocity Promenade1 Harbourfront Walk, 09 Vivocity Promenade, Singapore 098585
Time: 9am to 9pm daily
Here is a quick summary of what you can do at the Navy@Vivo 2016:
1. Go on board the RSS Tenancious and learn all about this sophisticated warship and her capabilities.
2. Tour the shore exhibition within Vivocity Central Court, participate in the interactive activities and walk away with special commemorative gifts and prizes! One of the most popular stations is the ‘Dress up’ Photo-Booth corner where children get to dress up in cute, kid-sized Navy uniforms and bring home a photo souvenir.
3. Try your hands in firing the Navy’s largest gun in the Littoral Mission Vessel (LMV) simulator.
4. Walk through a mock-up 3D display of the submarine to experience life on board a submarine and what it takes to be a submariner. Have a first hand glimpse of the weapons that are used by our Naval Diving Unit (NDU).
5. Meet-and-greet the naval divers plus witness the Boat Physical Training – one of the training exercises that the naval divers go through during the Hellweek. Heaving an 80kg boat above their heads. Doing push-ups and pull-ups, the naval divers from NDU will be flexing their muscles for a very special performance during Navy@Vivo 2016!
While you’re there, remember to take pictures and upload it onto the Navy@Vivo Hashtag Board (#NavyatVivo).
Here are the programmes at a glance from 23 June 2016 Thursday to 26 June 2016 Sunday:
Stay tuned on Singapore Navy’s Facebook page (@SingaporeNavy) to see how you can win tix to Navy@Vivo! Or come on down to VivoCity and win tickets onsite.
Thanks to the Singapore Navy, we have two pairs of tickets to the Navy@Vivo to be given away to two loyal readers (each winner will receive a pair of tickets to tour the RSS Tenacious and see the S-70B naval helicopter up close and personal ). To qualify for the draw, simply do the following:
Complete the final steps in this Rafflecopter widget:
The giveaway ends 22 June 2016, 11.59pm and is open to readers in Singapore. The winners will be contacted using the contact particulars provided when entering this draw and will have 24 hours to respond, failing which a new winner will be drawn. The tickets entitles entry to the ship tour on board the RSS Tenacious on 26 June, Sunday, at 3pm. However, winners will have to meet us in person at Vivocity on Saturday 25 June 2016 at 4pm to collect the tickets.
No requests for change in event date/time will be entertained. All entries will be verified before the winner is announced, incomplete and unverified entries will be disqualified. Please note that all Facebook and Instagram accounts (e.g. accounts set up purely to take part in contests with no authentic posts or very few real friends) will be disqualified. All the best!