Our 7yr old brought home a writing assignment where she was asked to write on a city she would love to live in. Here goes:
Hello everyone! I am Dana. I went to New York last year with my parents. It is one bustling city with lots of attractions and fun activities for kids.
1. I enjoyed watching musicals at Broadway. We watched Les Mis and Matilda.
2. I saw extinct animals at the American Museum of Natural History (such as Blue Whale, Woolly Mammoth, T-Rex, Stegosaurus and Brontosaurus).
3. I crossed the Brooklyn Bridge. (It is really long!)
4. I took the underground train (or they called subways).
5. I rode on the carousel at Central Park and saw Big Bird from Sesame Street!
6. I took a tour on a ferry around Manhattan Bay.
7. I went to the Intrepid Sea and Air Museum and saw machines that can fly (space shuttles, jets) and machines that go under water (submarines).
8. I met the Statue of Liberty. I didn’t know she’s so huge and tall!
9. I got a chance to meet real NYPD (New York Police) TWO times! One even rode on a horse! Did you know I want to be a policewoman when I grow up?
10. I went to the famous toy store at Times Square called Fao Schwarz and danced on the huge keyboard. We also rode the Ferris Wheel inside Toys ‘R’ Us.
Please turn on your volume and enjoy this video put together from pics selected by me (Dana). Thank you.