“Wow, Mommy, this bag makes me feels like an astronaut…” The son remarked excitedly as he unboxed the newly delivered GMT Light Ergonomic School Backpack.
“Why do you say that Buddy?” I asked bemused.
“Because it’s light and strong!” was his ‘matter-of-factly’ reply.
The Rigours of School
As Buddy enters Primary Two, the rigours of school life slowly creeps in. With that comes thicker and heavier textbooks, more stationeries and other items for his afternoons at the Student Care Center (i.e., change of clothes, sandals, storybooks etc.). However, as independent as he is, he is a growing boy. We are mindful that we should not let the immense weight of his heavy backpack to affect his growth.
Boys will be Boys
I recently came to know of GMT Light Ergonomic School Backpack when I saw some students in Buddy’s school carry it. Curious, I went to google it as I’ve not seen them in local retail stores. I found out that GMT is a leading ergonomic backpack retailer from Norway, founded in 2017, designing backpacks for primary school students for years. Since Buddy’s in need of a new backpack, I decided to involve him in the selection process to pick his own preferred design from the website.
While the website offered a wide range of attractive designs, Buddy knew what he wanted and zoomed in on an attractive blue ‘Transformer’ car and robot print – the Jaeger Tiger model under the ‘GMT Light’ range. After I paid and checked out, the backpack took 5 working days to ship from US/Germany-based warehouses to our doorstep. Even as a seasoned online shopper, I can’t contain my delight whenever a new package turns up at the door!
First Online ‘Purchase’
- Sturdy and light: The GMT Light Ergonomic School Backpack weighs only 750g, yet it has a strudy ‘skeleton’ which holds the bag in shape and enables it to stand on its own so it doesn’t ‘flop’ over. The S-shape straps and three-dimensional back panel design make every GMT bag fit children’s back well and the high elastic structure effectively supports children’s spinal comfortably.
- Luxurious: I never thought I’d say that about a children’s backpack, but GMT deserves the credit. Not only is the backpack sturdy and firm, the lining inside the bag also gives a plush, comfy feel. Parents would be happy to know the backpacks come with 3 Years warranty, giving us reliable quality assurance.
- Handy compartments: The GMT Light Ergonomic School Backpack offers a generous 22L of space while the two side compartments to keep the content like his water bottles and umbrellas firmly in place.
- Zippers: The zippers glides smoothly across to open and close the compartments with ease, making it easy for little hands to retrieve their contents!
- Dedicated rain-cover: This is good especially since it has been raining cats and dogs over the last few weeks. The GMT rain-cover will keep the entire contents inside the backpack dry. Putting the rain-cover on and off is easy with its elastic band. The rain-cover can be stored back in the backpack, secured with a small hook within the backpack.
- Water Resistant: The backpack is made of breathable, water-resistant material. Perfect for use by school children in a balmy tropical climate like Singapore’s. The thick and firm S-shape straps coupled with the anti-skid buckles makes for firm and comfortable attachment to the child’s back.
- Customizable: The Velcro badges on the exterior of the backpack are interchangeable. This adds an element of personalization and fun for kids like Buddy. The customizable Velcro stickers come in different themes for boys who love sports, science fiction, and adventure and girls fond of magic, dream, and a colorful world.
Feels like an Astronaut
At the point of this writing, it’s been about a month since Buddy started using his GMT Light Ergonomic School Backpack. He’s been very pleased with it. In fact, he recently blurted out, ‘Can I use this to pack my clothes when we go travelling?” Seems like he and the bag are literally inseparable now!
I took the chance to ask why. He added, “When I carry this backpack, I feel like an astronaut.”
It’s bitter-sweet seeing our kids grow up. As Buddy faces more academic stresses in school, we take comfort that we can provide him a good ergonomic bag to keep him healthy and happy. Count it as a worthy ‘investment’, approved by both Daddy and Buddy!
SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODE FOR READERS:
Use this code ‘LTM15’ to enjoy 15% off your preferred GMT For Kids backpacks!
Thanks to our sponsor GMT For Kids , we are giving away a GMT Light Ergonomic School Backpack (worth USD180) to 2 loyal readers! To participate in the giveaway, make sure you fulfill these conditions:
1. LIKE AND FOLLOW THESE ACCOUNTS:
2. CLICK ON THE RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY WIDGET BELOW TO COMPLETE THE OTHER STEPS:
The giveaway ends 31 March 2022 (2359 hrs) and is open to readers in Singapore. The winner will be contacted via email and will have 24 hours to respond, failing which a new winner will be drawn. All steps must be completed and incomplete entries will be disqualified. Please note that all Facebook accounts (e.g. accounts set up purely to take part in contests with no or few authentic posts) will be disqualified. All the best!
Connect with GMT:
GMT For Kids Official Website: https://www.gmtbags.com/collections/light-ergonomic-school-backpacks/products/light-ergonomic-school-backpack-jaeger-tiger
GMT for kids Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gmtforkids_official/
GMT for kids Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Gmtforkidsofficial