In our fast-paced, wired up society we live in, many parents are experiencing difficulties in straddling work stress and home demands; some resorted to substituting quality time with technology…As a result, kids are left to grow up with ‘absent’ parents; they become restless, delinquent and increasingly susceptible to online pornography, cyber-bullies and online predators.
But this need not be the case for our families. What if:
1. We demonstrate in actions and deeds that our children are valuable.
2. We teach them to live by values that can be passed down from generation to generation.
3. We build our life around our families instead of work schedules.
4. Instead of neglecting our children, we show them love and attention.
5. We set aside intentional time to connect meaningfully with our children and spouse.
If all of us do that, our families will be strengthened and transformed.
This Children’s Day, Focus on the Family Singapore (a local charity dedicated to helping married couples, parents, young adults and youths thrive) is seeking your support for their “Gift of Family‘ Campaign.
You can pledge your support for the campaign in any of these 2 simple ways:
1. SHARE THIS VIDEO with your friends and spread the message of family. It’s a very meaningful video which conveys the importance of family. Everytime someone new views this video, $1 will be donated to Focus on the Family. This donation will go a long way to help needy families thrive and build stronger homes in Singapore.
2. GIVE A LOVE OFFERING – Empower more parents to receive help to raise confident and secure children with a small donation of $10. When you donate $10, a matching donation of $10 will be made to Focus on the Family (up to $5000).
As a gesture of appreciation, Focus on the Family has specially prepared free downloadable resources every two days from now till OCT 5 (Children’s Day). Today’s resource is a fun ‘Getting to Know You’ Parent-Child Quiz. DOWNLOAD a copy and use it as a conversation starter on the dinner table or engage your kids in car rides (time to chuck away that Ipad!).
This Children’s Day, would you join me in giving your children the most lasting gift – the Gift of Family?
Leave a Reply