It’s been an extremely hectic week at work but I’ve been feeling the itch to bake something festive to ring in the Christmas mood in the air…Bookmarked this simple yet gorgeous looking marshmallow recipe which I know will be a hit among kids. I’ve always found store-bought marshmallows to be too sweet for my liking so I’m hoping this recipe will be a keeper!
Raspberry Swirls Marshmallows
50g Icing Sugar
25g Powdered Gelatine
120ml Hot Water
360g Castor Sugar
150ml Golden Syrup (available at NTUC Finest and Phoon Huat)
1. In a pan, heat the raspberries and icing sugar until thick and syrupy. Sift the mixture and set the raspberry syrup aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, dissolve the gelatine in hot water.
3. In a pot, bring castor sugar, golden syrup and water to a boil. Whisk in the gelatine mixture. Keep whisking until light and fluffy.
4. Pour into a rectangular cake tin lined with baking paper. Pour raspberry syrup over the top and create swirls with a skewer. Cover and allow to set overnight.
5. Use a wet knife to cut into square slices and enjoy!
Enjoy the weekend coming up!
Ai Sakura says
that looks sumptous! looking forward to seeing how yours turn out 🙂
Ai @ Sakura Haruka
Oo, it looks great! And I only need gelatine! Shall try this next week 🙂