5 ways to have a truly Merry, Magical Christmas at Gardens by the Bay
The Gardens is ready to welcome one and all this Christmas season!
Step into the Flower Dome of the Gardens by the Bay as you count down to the end of another year together with your family and friends. Be immersed in the crisp, cool and magical wintry atmosphere created specially by the team here at Gardens by the Bay.
Fri, 11 November 2016 to Thu, 5 January 2017
Daily 9.00am to 9.00pm
Flower Dome (*Admission charge to the conservatories applies)
Local Resident Rate (Single Conservatory) – Adult: $12; Senior Citizen (≥60 years old): $8; Child (3-12 years old): $8
Buy tickets here.
Here are 5 ways you can have a truly unique Christmas experience at the Gardens this season:
1. Take the Trail: Visit the Flower Dome and take the Merry Medley Garden Trail to marvel at the towering Noble Fir trees decked out in full Christmas splendor1. Walk along the short trail and admire the myriad of popular Christmas blooms such as the Poinsettia, the Blue Spruce, the Amaryllis and the Earth Star.
Pick up a Merry Medley Garden Trail Guide for a fuller experience! Take time to ‘smell the roses’ as they say and in this case, the Christmas blooms! The educational brochure gives some really good information on Christmas legends and folklores linked to the plants and ornaments on display (E.g. The Nutcracker Dolls). As you enjoy a stroll in the garden, ask the kids some Christmas-related questions such as:
• Do you know what type of trees are usually used as Christmas trees?
• Do you know why Christmas trees are put up to commemorate Christmas?
• Do you know the legend behind the Nutcracker?
• Do you know the names of some common Christmas flowers?
2. Take it in the evenings: We especially love the Christmas glow in the evenings. Bask in the twilight accompanied by the twinkling lights in the dome to experience that magical Christmas glow framed by exotic Christmas blooms. Let ‘Luminarie’ – the large mesmerizing framed fairy lights inspired by the annual Kobe Luminarie Light Festival, add that dash of magic to your evening. These lights are truly a sight to behold!
3. Take it slow: The year’s coming to an end, so do take time to slow your pace and enjoy an unhurried evening soaking in the Christmas atmosphere while giving thanks for the year. On selected weekends, tarry awhile longer to enjoy Christmas Melodies – a series of musical performances happening in the Flower Dome. You might even have a chance to catch ‘Wise Wee’ the resident mascot bear.
Date: 3 & 4, 10 & 11, 17 & 18 December 2016
Time: 3pm to 3:30pm; 4pm to 4:30pm
Venue: Flower Dome, Gardens by the Bay
For more information visit : www.gardensbythebay.com/whatson
Walk right into the towering life-sized Christmas tower decked with Nutcrackers, Angels and Gifts. Rekindle that childhood innocence of Christmas past as you stand and admire the huge Snow Globe complete with a life-sized twirling ballerina within.
4. Take the camera tripod along: Bring along a good camera and tripod to take photos with your loved ones against this beautiful wintry backdrop. Selfie sticks and hand-phone cameras may not have the versatility to fully capture the breadth and depth of the scenes as well as the magical mood there. It is truly quite magical!
5. Take it outdoors: The magic of Christmas at the Gardens extends beyond the Merry Medley in the Flower Dome.
Christmas Wonderland: This annual yuletide fair (that is separate from the Merry Medley) returns with an expanded fairground. Imagine walking around the outdoor gardens illuminated by the Italian Luminaire light sculptures to add that special dash of Christmas magic! You can enjoy carnival activities including shopping and dining experiences right under the canopy of the Supertrees! Look out for the local debut of the Hi-5 Funtastic House, play with ‘snow’ and frolic in some wintry fun at the Ice Palace and magical forest of Christmas trees!
Date: 2 December 2016 to 1 January 2017
Time: 3:30pm to 11pm daily
Venue: Supertree Grove and The Meadow
Others: S$4 admission charge applies. Additional charges apply for some attractions. Info: www.christmaswonderland.sg
Other attractive offers:
• Double Conservatory Offer: Take $4 off local Double Conservatory admission rates with your Christmas Wonderland tickets. Valid till 5 Jan. 2017. Terms and conditions apply.
• Christmas Gift Card Promotion: Enjoy 50% off a second gift card when you gift a Gardens membership to your loved ones this festive season. Offer valid till 5 Jan. 2017. Terms and Conditions apply.
Special Christmas Ticketing Promotion:
To view how equally beautiful the Merry Medley Garden Trail looks like in the day, please hop over to our friends’ blogs: