Sharing a recipe which I learnt from a community baking class 3 years ago. This will be in time for all the Christmas gatherings next month – guaranteed to be a hit!
Strawberry Jellyheart Cheesecakes (Makes 2 trays or 40pcs)
A. For the Crust
320g Digestive Biscuits
160g melted butter
1. Crush biscuits and stir in melted butter.
2. Divide and press onto the base of the two trays. Chill for 15mins or until needed.
3. Prick base with the back of a skewer before pouring in the cheese filling.
B. For the Cheesecake Layer
250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
9g gelatin powder
150ml boiling water
70g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
20 medium-sized strawberries
1. Wash strawberries and pat dry with kitchen towel.
2. Use a small heart-shaped cutter, cut hearts out of the strawberry halves.
3. Place gelatine and sugar in a bowl. Pour boiling water over and stir until gelatine has dissolved. Let the gelatine mixture cool to room temperature.
4. Cream the cream cheese at low speed in your mixer together with the vanilla essence. Add gelatine syrup gradually and cream until smooth. Pour into the trays.
5. Place 20 hearts on each tray (4 by 5), partially submerged in cheese. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
C. For the Jelly Topping
1 packet (170g) Strawberry-flavoured Jello
360ml boiling water
360ml cold water
1. Dissolve Jello in boiling water then add in cold water and stir well.
2. Cool Jello completely before pouring over the cheese layer. Pour the jello mixture onto the surface of the strawberries, not the cheese as it’s still soft.
3. Leave it to set for half an hour before transferring to the fridge to chill overnight.
4. Slice and serve!