As you know, we went on a short getaway to the beautiful island of Bali in June to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary. I’ve procrastinated to blog about it as I’ve so much to share but dunno where to start. Nearly 1 month later, I told myself I should get started as it’s such a special and enjoyable trip. So here it is, our trip in essence 🙂
1) Food was good. Breakfast was Ala-Carte (order and the chef prepares it for you the way you want). Every breakfast comes with juices, exotic fruit platter and bread basket and assortment of homemade condiments (think Pineapple and Rhubarb jam!). Really healthy way to start the day!
3) Manggis is a quaint quiet little town so things here are cheaper. Has some quirky souvenirs too!
4) Best Spa Experience EVER! ALiLA Manggis’ Spa pavilion was ingeniously built above the rocks right next to the shore. As we enjoyed our massage, we could feel the ocean breeze caressing our faces; we could smell the faint scent of sea salt and we could hear the pounding waves luring us to be one with nature. We were literally transported into Heaven!
5) Nice Pool with Free Daily Afternoon Sweet Balinese Snacks and bath toys for kiddos! Dana looks grouchy here as she want to wade in the pool unassisted which we of course refused for safety reason…hence the pout.
6) Big wide open spaces (esp good for leisurely walks with our toddler to exhaust her bountiful energy so we can sneak off for some couple massage!)
7) Beautiful Landscaping within the resort (nestled in a coconut grove with lots of koi fishes for Dana to feed!)
8) Last but not least, exceptionally Good Service from its General Manager (Mr Sanjiva) and it cascades down to all its service staff. On our 1st night there, Dana sustained some mysterious insect bites on her face and arm. When we alerted the GM about this, he immediately summoned the house doctor to take a look at our Princess and precribe the right medication to reduce the inflammation. He also took the initiative to contact its sister resort (ALiLA Ubud) to check the cot beddings and get a mosquito netting ready for Dana’s cot to prevent similar insect bites. We are pleased to receive such top-notch service!
So after 2 days of supreme pampering, we bid ALiLA Manggis a fond farewell and head towards ALiLA Ubud where our fabulous vacation continues. ALiLA Ubud warrants a separate blog entry on its own which I shall do so tomorrow so stay tuned!