They are here! The world’s cutest, liveliest and ‘angriest’ birds are now just a stone’s throw across the causeway at the Komtar JBCC Mall! In fact, just take a short 5 minute walk from the CIQ (Customs, Immigration and Quarantine) building in Johor, you’re already face to face with these little critters that took the world by storm (and still is!) with their funny, addictive antics of whizzing through the air, hitting each other as targets and landing with a crude thud accompanied by their signature mean laughter!
Now, you and your family can be part of that fun too… Live at Angry Birds Activity Park, JB, the very first in Asia, where you can live out your fave birds’ past time.
The venue contains 26,000 sq feet of bright colorful fun for everyone in the family – yes, Mommies and Daddies included.
The activity park is separated into 5 distinct zones:
1. Danger Zone
3. Classic and
4. South Beach
5. Angry Bird Shop
Join us for a sneak peek here:
Within each zone are signage to the various activities. However, we found it more useful to list some of the activities here in age-appropriate groups after trying almost all of them:
Age-appropriate Listing of Activities:
Fun for Toddlers to Lower Primary School kids:
Let’s start with the young ones – activities that can include younger kids and toddlers…even for our little Buddy at 2 years-old.
• Red Birds Sona (South Beach): An interactive electronic playground using movement and sound.
• Bird-wire Slack Line (Utopia): Simple but fun. Take a walk on a ‘wire’ and imagine how these Angry Birds balance!
• Balance Bike Lagoon (South Beach): This is perfect for the little one. Get their hands (and feet) on a balance bike and roam through this spacious ‘beach’. I’m envious!
• Spinning Time Machine (Utopia): We called this the ‘Washing Machine’. Sit inside and get someone to spin you around. Just like the Angry Birds, see the world upside down sometimes! Make sure the kids are able to hold on tight!
• Piggy Shooting Gallery (Utopia) : This is just right at the entrance. Shoot and get-rid of those cranky pigs…just like in the game!
• Captain Black Bird Ship (South Beach): A tower of fun for younger pre-school kids. Can be addictive, Buddy went on the slide again and again!
• Classic Tower Play (Classic): We absolutely love this – climb and meander through the tunnels and mazes to find the nest of the Angry Birds…then slide on down!
• The Jungle Room (NEW!!): A brand new room where kids can climb to the tallest ‘trees’ and crawl beneath their ‘roots’ too. Fun in the jungle!
Primary School to Youths and the Young at Heart:
Ok, so here’s for the rest of us who need that bit more adrenaline. Jump on in but observe safety guidelines!
• Giant Leap Foam Pit (Utopia): Leap into a ‘Foam Bath’ and have a swinging good time! Loads of fun this one!
• Lazer Bird Scoot (Danger Zone): For 12 years old and up, get on a scooter and zip your way through some high and low surface to test your scooting skills. Good to train them to zip and catch those Angry Birds!
• Space Drop Airbag (Danger Zone): We loved this and kept going again and again – step right up and take a leap of faith. Drop in and you may be energized to find more Angry Birds.
• Panna Soccer (Danger Zone): Loved this too! Kick and hit the wall to see your score. Go ahead, kick away and see how the Birds react!
• Air Parkour Track (Utopia): Right next to Anti-gravity trampolines, what else can you expect? Defy gravity by giving it a go and ending with a ‘foam bath’!
For All Ages:
• Anti-Gravity Trampolines (Utopia) : You can’t miss this and these are highly addictive. Jump twist and flop like Angry Birds in these age-specific Anti-Gravity Trampolines. Once you start….you can’t stop! These trampolines separated into designated age-groups. We love them!
• Lazer Maze Spaceship (Utopia) : Just like Mission Impossible, carefully navigate a passage with ‘killer’ lasers to get the prize…be careful not to touch the laser!! (One of our favourites!)
• Go! Kart Track (Classic): Another favourite of ours- Parents and children….even as young as two, can go ‘Go-Karting’ in this in-house track. Put the foot to the pedal and…pedal hard!!
• CineMine (South Beach): Timeless and ageless! Watch your favourite Angry Birds movie and cartoons and relive their exciting antics…then out you go again to see them in person!
• Mascot Greetings (Roaming): On weekends, catch your favourite Angry Birds LIVE as they roam the activity park.
• Lockers: Some lockers are available at the entrance right where you drop your shoes. The park does allow for most belongings to be brought in except food and drinks for obvious safety and hygiene reasons. These lockers are meant for that and also for your valuables.
• Parents’ Corner: Yes there’s one, right on top of Bird-day room. Enter via the Snack Corner and chill in those egg-shape hanging chairs. It’s cosy, armed with Free WiFi and TV. Perfect for catch our breath as the little ones catch their Angry Birds!
• Snack corner: You can’t miss this. It serves simple snacks and drinks. Perfect to get a quick bite without leaving your little ones too far for too long.
• Angry Bird Shop: Love them birds? Why not go home with one of them or better still, get one as a gift! Lots of unique gift and souvenir items here!
• Bird-day rooms: The Activity Park has ‘Bird’day rooms for your little chicklets’ birthdays. They are really well decorated. Check the website for more info: http://angrybirdsactivitypark.my/BirddayInfo.html
• Education Room: The Education Room can be booked together with the Education Package which consists of activities like story reading, art and craft activities etc.
• Washrooms: Clean washrooms are available right in the park next to the Snack Corner (no need to go out to the mall and hunt around). Especially convenient for parents with young kids.
What we LOVE about this place:
• Varied activities: It’s a large indoor playground with a lot of varied activities and not just trampolines or slides. Best of all, it’s catered for all ages, including parents!
• Parental involvement: Parents can be directly involved too and not have to stand and take photos only. Great opportunities for bonding with kids.
• Indoors and Air-conditioned: Weather and haze proof. No need to say more!
• Safety: We love the fact that despite its varied activities, the whole place is well-foamed and carpeted. The flooring is very well-padded and soft, reducing fears of scrapes and bruises.
• Near Singapore and malls: Just a short walk from the Johor Customs and City Square Mall. So so convenient.
• In-house Washroom: Very convenient and clean when we visited. No need to rush out looking for a washroom when the little ones need a diaper change.
Tips for visiting the Angry Bird Activity Park:
• Go early: This place is quite popular for obvious reasons. Go early to enjoy having the whole place to yourself, virtually! Also, with lesser crowd risk is reduced.
• Socks: Yes, this is essentially an indoor playground. Wear your socks for hygiene purposes. Socks are sold at the counter too for a fee. Dress comfortably.
• Supervision: There are risks involved in any activity, even more so with kids’. Ensure that an adult is there to supervise your kids. Parents can take turns to take a break at the Parents Lounge.
• Age-appropriate activities: Given a choice, your kid would love to do ALL activities. Do be conservative and follow strictly the age limit prescribed for each activities and supervise the kids to ensure they comply.
• Relax and join in the fun!: This is one of those rare theme park where there are activities for parents to join in. So, let loose and jump on in and create some unique memories with your kids! Remember, they are young only once and so are you!
• Birth-Cert: Kids below 3 enter free but the admission team would like to see their BC or a snapshot of their birth-certificate on your mobile phone.
Have loads of wacky fun as you get re-acquainted with the Angry Birds!
Join us for a sneak peek here:
Official Hotel: Stay tuned for our review of the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel which is 5-8 minutes walk on foot or a short taxi ride away (about RM 10- RM15 per way).
Angry Birds Activity Park Johor Bahru
Level 3, KOMTAR JBCC,
Johor Bahru City Centre,
80000 Johor Bahru, Johor.
Tel: 07 – 221 0260 / 07 – 300 5090