Living in a fast-paced, modernised world, it is easy to ‘forget’ our values and heritage. Which is why during traditional festivals like the Mid-Autumn Festival, it is important that we use these moments to revisit some of our heritage and traditions…accompanied by traditional food to make these events extra meaningful.
Reputed for its authentic hand crafted pastries such as the famous Tau Sar Piah, Thye Moh Chan’s 70-year old heritage forms a significant part of the Singaporean Chinese culture. Using traditional baking techniques, Thye Moh Chan’s pastries are traditionally handcrafted to preserve a legacy that is truly Singaporean.
Skillfully handcrafted, Thye Moh Chan’s Teochew Mooncakes boast ethereal-light flaky pastry skin and a selection of different silky-smooth fillings. As a special treat for its customers this year, its much-anticipated durian mooncakes will be prepared using top-quality Mao Shan Wang durians. Thye Moh Chan’s quintessential Mid-Autumn selection is beautifully packaged in stunning pink, red and purple gift boxes that bear intricate lotus and peony motifs, elegant gifts for friends and family.
Here’s the full selection of Thye Moh Chan’s delicious handcrafted Teochew Mooncakes that are available in stores from 17 Aug till 27 Sept. Sink your teeth into the flaky pastry and delight your taste-buds with these exquisite flavours:
1. Durian: A rare treat made only during the Mid-Autumn period, this hot favourite among loyal customers just got even better this year with premium Mao Shan Wang durians. The alluring durian aroma and pleasing textural contrast between smooth durian-infused bean paste and flaky pastry are simply heavenly. Quantities are limited. Medium (4 pcs/box SGD38.80)
2. Teochew Double Delight: Double delights of red bean paste and a unique ‘crystal’ filling made with winter melon, melon seeds, citrus strips, white sesame, spring onions, and glutinous rice flour. (4 pcs/box SGD28.80)
3. Salty Tau Sar: The savoury version encompasses a blend of salty mung bean paste with salted egg. Medium (4 pcs/box SGD28.80)
4. Sweet Tau Sar: The sweet rendition comprises of melon seeds, while the savoury version encompasses a blend of salty mung bean paste with salted egg. Medium (4 pcs/box SGD28.80)
5. Yuan Yang: Brimming with a generous filling of savoury mung bean paste, sesame, spicy pork floss and salted egg yolk, this novel creation is one of the best sellers and well-liked by young and old. Medium (4 pcs/box SGD38.80)
6. Yam (with Yolk): A soft dream of creamy yam paste and salted egg yolk in light flaky pastry. Medium (4 pcs/box SGD28.80)
7. Traditional Teochew Mooncake: This traditional favourite presents a delightful combination of maltose, white sesame, citrus strips and five-spice powder, rendering a unique and unforgettable taste. Large (1 pc/box SGD16.80)
Thye Moh Chan’s Teochew mooncakes will be available in both outlets at Paragon and Chinatown Point.
- 17 Aug – 12 Sep: Free $2 voucher* with purchase of any box of 4-pc medium mooncakes
- 17 Aug – 12 Sep: OCBC Credit/Debit Cardmembers get 20% discount with minimum purchase of 2 boxes of mooncakes
*Terms and conditions apply, while stock last.
THYE MOH CHAN
Operating hours: 10am – 10pm daily
PARAGON 290 Orchard Road #B1-11/12 S(238859) Tel: +65 6732 8858
CHINATOWN POINT 133 New Bridge Road, #01-45 S(059413) Tel: +65 6604 8858