People associate Brazil with Passion, Life and Colours: Samba, Bossa Nova, Carnivale, Soccer, World Cup (Pele, Ronaldo, and Ronaldinho) and its original and best-selling flip flops – Havaianas. Havaianas is so popular because it embodies the fun, vibrant and spontaneous way of Brazilian life. Many friends I know swear by Havaianas for its style and comfort. Till today, every pair of Havaianas is still lovingly designed and crafted in Brazil. Ever since Dana was gifted with her first pair last year, there was no turning back. It’s one of her favorite footwear and she would even want to wear it to school, to church, and everywhere if we let her.
|Dana’s 1st Havaianas|
Here are Top 10 Facts of Havaianas which are fun to know:
1. 94% of Brazilians own, or have in the past owned, a pair of Havaianas.
2. 190 million pairs of flip-flops were sold in 2011 alone – that’s 6 pairs a second!
3. The main factory in North East Brazil, manufactures over 206 million pairs per year.
4. In 1998, the brand supported Brazil in the World Cup by launching a new line of flip flops with a small Brazilian flag on the strap
5. If someone wants to buy all Havaianas flip-flop models, print and colour combinations available, he/she would need to buy 454 pairs per year.
6. Since its birth in 1962, over 4 billion pairs of Havaianas have already been sold. If lined up all together, they would go around the Earth about 40 times!
7. Each Portuguese owns 4 pairs of Havaianas on average.
8. Each Aussie owns 5 pairs of Havaianas on average.
9. Each Brazilian owns 25 pairs of Havaianas on average.
10. Havaianas now retails in 85 countries, with over 454 different styles available!
“It’s a Havaianas World” Promotion for Kids
This Spring, Havaianas invites you and your kids to explore the colourful world with the special-edition Havaianas Colouring Book!
|Promo period: 14th April till while stocks last|
Receive 2 free Havaianas colouring book sets with any purchase of 2 kids’ pairs from the Havaianas collection at these participating outlets: Motherswork, Mothercare and selected ‘H’ concept stores (at Raffles City & Takashimaya). Each colouring book comes with a set of colour pencils. With so many water parks, beaches and playgrounds in Singapore, these Havaianas flip flops make the most practical and presentable gift for kids!
|The H Babies Range
|The H Disney Princess Range for Girls|
|The H Where’s Wally Range for Boys|
To celebrate Spring and the launch of the “It’s a Havaianas World” Promotion, three lucky Princess Dana Diaries readers will win a Havaianas Prize Hampers (consisting of 1 pair of Havaianas Kids flip-flops and 1 Havaianas Colouring Book Set) each!
Simply follow the steps here to enter:
This giveaway is only open to readers from Singapore and ends 1159 hours on Tuesday, 15 April 2014. All the best!