Shop Online, Wherever, Whenever
I just had a wish come true – I’ve just purchased a whole list of assorted furniture and household items from IKEA, paid and arranged for delivery all within minutes in the comfort of my home! Basically I’ve shopped online, ‘skipped’ the queues and saved a lot of time!
Ikea – Singaporean’s fav home furnishing store
Ideas and Inspirations at our Fingertips
As a family, we are frequently in need of new furniture and household products, either due to wear and tear, sprucing up the home for festive seasons or simply because the kids have out-grown their current living space. Our family needs evolve even more rapidly in Singapore where space is a premium.
Like most Singapore families, we love visiting IKEA to source for home décor inspirations. In fact, we gleefully devour the IKEA catalogue the moment it appears in our mailbox! However those of us who often shop at IKEA would concur that the queues to wait for payment, for products collection and for delivery arrangement can be frustrating at times. Honestly, one less occasion to queue for is very much welcomed! The queues grow exponentially longer especially during busy periods leading up to festive seasons like Christmas and Chinese New Year (which are coming up!).
Our Authentic IKEA Online Shopping Experience
Having just moved to a new residence last month, we discovered that we lacked certain furnishing and household items. We had hoped to finish house-decorating soon so we can start welcoming friends and family over but with work commitment and busy kids schedules, finding the time to visit the physical store and window-shopping is a luxury we can’t afford except on weekends (that’s when the entire world seems to be at IKEA too)!
So, during after a typical day at work (read: tired!), we decided to plonk ourselves in front of our screen to surf IKEA online. Guess what? We fell in love with it immediately! So glad IKEA online is finally on our shores.
Some of the items in our online shopping cart! All added with a few mouse clicks.
Why we love IKEA online:
- Virtually everything we need from IKEA can be found online! This includes easy online payment, arranging for assembly and delivery.
- Prompt Delivery: Earliest delivery is within 3 days from date of online order. We can also track the online orders ourselves.
- Skip the Qs: There’s no need to queue at multiple stations i.e. queue to pay, queue to collect products and queue to arrange delivery. All can be done within a few clicks…right at home, on our desktop or mobile!
- Shop Anytime: Not restricted to the store’s opening hours (which closes at 10pm on weekdays and 11pm on weekends).
- Beat the crowd: saves time and energy, more time.
- Comprehensive product range all ‘at one glance’: Some products which we don’t see at the stores are available at IKEA online, in its entire range (esp. the Christmas Vinter series)!
These were OOS when we visited the Alexandra store but I came home and found them online!
- Out of Stock? IKEA online gives shoppers the most up to date stock inventory information. There is now no reason to go to the store only to be disappointed!
- ‘Shop by Products’ and ‘Shop by Rooms’: All the items featured in the styled ‘rooms’ are listed in one single page, saving us time and hassle of running around different departments within IKEA to pick up the items.
Shop by Products
Shop by Rooms
- No more ‘wasted’ trips: Ever gone to the store with a mental checklist, only to be distracted at the store then forgot what it was you wanted to buy? Yup, that happened to us, always. Now with IKEA online, we can shop on the go! Select the items, save them then come back to continue browsing before finally confirming our purchase!
- Comprehensive online photo catalogue: Accurate dimensions of each product clearly stated. No second-guessing if it’s the correct fit for our family’s living space.
Stock availability, pricing, dimensions all clearly stated upfront
Overall, we are extremely pleased with our online shopping experience but as a caveat, here are some finer points we noticed after using IKEA online:
- IKEA online is catered only for furniture and household products. Food and perishables (e.g. IKEA’s famous frozen meatballs and fresh plants) can only be purchased at the stores. They are not available online.
- Delivery Only: Currently all purchases have to be delivered. There are no options for self-collection at the physical stores. If our purchases are below 24kg and within the 1-metre dimension, we can opt for the cheaper parcel delivery option (at SGD15 per order) instead of the regular truck delivery (SGD70/truck).
Delivery Options either by parcel or truck
With its ever-expanding range of innovative and environmentally friendly products, IKEA is usually a ‘port-of-call’ for many Singaporeans when refurbishing and redecorating their homes and offices. With IKEA online, shopping just got so much more customer-centric! With the added convenience of shopping online, all we have to do is to check-out and wait at home for the items to appear at our doorstep! We personally find IKEA online a god-sent, do try it yourself!
Try IKEA online today at http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/
Leave a Reply