There’s just something magical about watching a circus. Not just for the acts but for that shared experiences where adult and child share the same enthrallment, the same bursts of laughters and the same bewilderments of “How on earth did they do that?”
Our daughter shares about The Great Moscow Circus:
The ‘most sincere art form’ as the Ringmaster puts it, allows families to connect in the most sincere ways. Despite having our share of watching LIVE circus acts here and abroad, the experience watching The Great Moscow Circus will stay with us for a long time to come.
Raw and Sincere:
This circus is not presented in a glossy sheen package complete with special CGI effects etc. No. In fact, it is so ‘raw’ at times the performers do slip and fall (thankfully remaining safe!). Yet the audiences’ adulation continues. We connect and empathise through these little slips which go a long way to show how much hardwork each performer puts in to deliver these virtually impossible stunts.
Intimate and Personable:
This is not the first circus we have watched in a pitched Big Top at Marina Bay but given its smaller center ring, it makes it easier to draw audiences right into the action! The kids were thrilled to be so close to the heart of the action.
Effortless yet Exhilarating:
The performers are always smiling! Yes, even while suspended in mid air and gingerly executing their next maneuver! How insane is that?
Entertaining and Engaging:
Right from the get-go, virtually every act will have you pivoted to the seat’s edge. When they are not up there defying gravity, they are on the ground tickling our funny bones. Even our 4 year old was laughing heartily at the slapstick gimmicks of the clowns and the Ringmaster throughout!
It occured to us that we’ve not laughed so heartily in a long while. The Great Moscow Circus really is wholesome fun for the entire family!
Childhood and Circus:
There’s just something magical The Great Moscow Circus evokes. If anything, it would be that sense of childhood amazement in both adult and kid, parent and child that it draws out. In this day and age where electronic devices are making connections cold and ‘virtual’, a good ol’ circus like this makes the connection real. So make time to watch it and round up the year with solid memories for the kids and your spouse!
Tips and FAQs:
1. Is it suitable for young kids? Yes, from our 4 year-old to, well, us and others in the audience who are ‘young at heart’. Everyone was transfixed from act to act!
2. Are photography and videography allowed? Yes, both. But without flash.
3. Are there food sold inside? Only light snacks like popcorn and soft drinks. Do get a nice meal out at MBS before coming to watch.
4. How long is the show? It’s about 3 hours long including a 15 min. interval.
5. Are there booster seats for young kids? They provide square cushions for younger kids. In any case, Buddy stood up almost through out the entire 3 hour performance! It was THAT exciting for him.
6. Is it sheltered? Yes, inside the Big Top but not on the paths leading to it. Bring your brollies as the weather is wet and rainy this year end season.
7. Is it air-conditioned? The Big Top is fully airconditioned and seats are elevated, and tiered, for patron comfort.
8. Which category seats are good? The Big Top is not very big so you need not splurge on ringside tickets if costs is a concern. Our views from B-reserve were not too bad. Overall, Section D gives the best view although you will still be close to the action regardless of where you are seated.
Celebrate Deepavali and SAVE 25% courtesy of The New Paper! Applies to performances:All 3 shows on 6 November 2018.
Tickets from SGD65. Book now at Sistic with Promo Code: TNPGMC
25% off, A, B, C and D Reserve tickets, for all shows. Hurry, offer expires midnight Tuesday 13th November 2018.
THE GREAT MOSCOW CIRCUS
Show Dates: 25 Oct to 25 Nov 2018
Show Times: Tue – Fri: 4pm & 7.30pm | Sat: 12pm, 4pm & 7.30pm | Sun: 11am, 3pm & 6.30pm | Public Holiday: 12pm & 4pm
Venue: Under the mighty Big Top at Bayfront Ave, beside Marina Bay Sands.
Ticket Pricing: (Excludes Booking Fee)
Standard : S$155, S$145, S$135, S$115, S$95, S$85, S$65
Child [3 to 12 years old]* : S$135, S$125, S$105, S$85, S$75, S$55 *All children must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian
Senior Citizen [60 years and above]: S$135, S$125, S$105, S$85, S$75, S$55
Official Website: http://bit.ly/GreatMoscowCircusSG
Thanks to our kind sponsor, we have a Family Pack of 4 Tickets (2 Adults and 2 Kids), worth SGD380 for one family to watch The Great Moscow Circus on Sunday 18 Nov 2018, 11am show! Complete the steps below to qualify:
Complete the steps in this widget:
The giveaway ends Tuesday 13 November 2018 (12am) and is open to readers in Singapore. The winner will be contacted via the email address provided in the widget and will have 12 hours to respond, failing which a new winner will be drawn. All steps must be completed and incomplete entries will be disqualified. Please note that all Facebook accounts (e.g. accounts set up purely to take part in contests with no authentic posts or very few real friends) will be disqualified. Please ensure you are free to attend the party this Sunday as no change in admission date will be entertained. All the best!